The Hotel Selkirk has won several awards, including:
Project of the Year - Repair/Restoration at the 2004 Masonry Construction Magazine Awards; and
Award of Excellence for Architectural Masonry Desgin of a Commerical Building at the 2007 Masonry Design Awards.
The original Hotel Selkirk, first know as the Windsor Hotel was built in 1903 and located in downtown Edmonton, on the corner of 101 Street and Jasper Avenue.
The new Hotel Selkirk is located in Fort Edmonton Park, on the corner of 1905 and 1920 Street. This project was an accurate reconstruction of the original, with the challenge to utilize modern construction methods and materials to recreate details built with materials no longer available.
The Hotel Selkirk is fully functional and includes 28 rooms, 2 Selkirk Suites, Johnson's Cafe and the Mahogany bar.