The Edmonton Federal Building is a 10-storey, Art Deco building clad in tyndall stone and located on the northeast corner of the Alberta Legislature grounds. Initially built in the late 1950’s, in 2009 the building underwent extensive renovations as well as new construction. This included several new buildings on site, an underground parkade and new public plaza (the Centennial Plaza). The new buildings were designed in a similar style to the original Federal Building, with tyndall stone and granite. As an economical and environmental solution, tyndall stone panels were salvaged from the existing building, re-purposed and installed on the new buildings. This process required modifying the tyndall to a thin panel system.